The activity pattern in our session today…..
1. rub, rub, rub – massage activity
2. chiffon, muslin cloth, face cloth – visual development activity
3. music toy
4. tracking activity
5. tummy time
6. calming cuddle
You will need –
– safe space for your baby to play
– chiffon, muslin cloth, face cloth
– music toy
– small toy
How this play session helped
This session helps our baby’s sense of touch, balance, proprioception (knowing where their body is in space), their sense of hearing and their visual development.
It helps them use both sides of their body (and their brain!), helps them do some motor planning, use their fine & gross motor skills, helps them screen input, work on their body scheme, work on their visual spatial skills, develop their hand-eye co-ordination and it requires them to adjust their posture and positioning while attending to their play tasks.
It also helps develop connections in every area of their brain
– frontal lobe for their motor functions
– parietal lobe is processing their sensory input and the amazing textures we gave them to hold and touch
– their temporal lobe is responsible for their hearing, auditory processing and their memory
– their occipital lobe is doing all their visual processing, recognition and visual discrimination skills
– their cerebellum is responsible for their balance, co-ordination and knowing where their body is in space.
So one little session can have such amazing benefits!
Thanks for coming along to play!